How To Get Credentials for Google Sheets
In this tutorial, I’m going to show you how to get credentials for working with Google Sheets (step by step with screenshots :) ).
It might look a little bit different for you, because Google changes UI sometimes, but it should be helpful anyway. So let’s get started :)
- Go to https://console.developers.google.com
- Choose the project you’d like to use for accessing Google Sheets if you don’t have one, you’ll need to create it.
3. As the next step you need to enable Google Drive API and Google Sheets API. Press menu button and go to the library as shown below.
Why do you need Google Drive API? You’ll need it if you want to be able to manage spreadsheet programmatically (such as sharing with other users).
4. Now you can start creating credentials. Press menu and go to credentials.
After creating the key, press done and you return to the list of credentials.
5. Now comes your last, but very important step — you need to give permission to access the spreadsheet to the service account.
And that’s it! Now you have Google Sheets credentials with access to the spreadsheet. You can start coding now :)