And so it begins…
So perhaps just before I hit the sack this early morning on New Year’s Day, I thought I would do a quick recollection of sorts instead of the whole #2015bestnine
Milestones for 2015:
- Graduating — not so much the ceremony itself but to have finished my 3 years as a student; all the hours spent practicing, discussing & rehearsing, the late & sometimes sleepless nights was worth it in the end. I don’t think Iwill be able to quite describe the feeling but let’s settle for shiok.
- Work — I have been blessed to have been part of great teams and there were lots of opportunities for growth & experience! More to come in 2016!
Highlights of 2015:
- Vietnam with ma boos — which pretty much got me my first near death experience on the road; made it out alive with ripped jeans and scraped knees. Pretty intense stuff with not so pretty consequences.
- First Aid In Rugby Level 1 — always wanted to do some pitch side work (with qualifications this time around, of course) and I thought this would have been a great way to start. Got certified but found out that the season was just right about to start so I put my pitch side dreams on hold. For now.
- ASEAN Paralympic games — my first official coverage event as a physiotherapist; was an honour and a huge privilege to able to come on board.
- getting started on Olympic lifting — barely just got started in the middle of the year and I’ve managed the clean & jerk thus far; however my cleans aren’t quite clean and jerks are, well, there is room for more improvement.
Looking back, it’s been one heck of a year and I hope that 2016 will be equally eventful or perhaps, even more awesome than 2015 was.
Here’s to more good times! Happy new year y’all!