How to Become a Self Made Digital Marketing Expert?
The marketing scenario has shifted towards the digital world. So, there’s a lot demand for a Digital Marketing Experts. If you want to start your career in Digital Marketing you must be wondering, Where and How to start from?
There are even MBA programs with specialization in digital marketing. There are certification exams such as HubSpot Inbound Marketing certification program and Google Adwords certification. But does attending all these courses and getting all the certificates make you a digital marketing expert? The answer is a big NO.
Becoming a Digital Marketer is not just about going to college or doing some online courses.
Its more than that.
How did you learnt driving? Did you read any books related to it? No.
You just went with few basics and then practiced on free way until you became an expert in driving.
Its the same with being a Digital Marketer. You need to learn the basics and practice it everyday.
Let me be frank with you that its not a cakewalk.
Being a Digital Marketer requires a lot of hard work, patience and persistence.
You need to create a lot of content that too consistently.
How do I get started?
- Start with a simple Digital Marketing Course that are available on MOOCS like Udemy, Coursera and other websites. It will give you an overview of the basics. Go with the courses that are lighter on your pocket.
- Choose a single topic what topic you want your website or channel to be about.
Don’t mix it a lot of different topics. Choose a topic that have an online market and consistent demand. Use tools like Google Trends, to do it.
It should be a topic that you love to talk about, see what is the thing that you have more knowledge than others or on what topic do people come to you for your advice.
- Now focus on one channel at a time. Check if writing is your thing or creating videos.
- Just start creating content initially. Don’t buy a website at this moment. Create minimum 50-100 articles and publish it on free channels like Medium. If you choose YouTube then create 50–100 videos.
- Once you have created a basic content, now start writing on different websites as a Guest Writer or Blogger.
Guest writing is nothing but writing for some other websites or publications. Just search on Google for sites who accept guest post and apply for it.
Guest writing will give you a name and a base where you will be recognized for you work.
- Learn how to promote your Videos and articles on different social media channels like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Use tools like Buffer to automate your posts on multiple social media. Collaborate with other influencers online and ask then to post by doing them some favors.
- Keep creating content on a regular basis. Fix 1–2 hour of your time on a daily basic for this task.
- Learn more on “How to improve on your video’s or writing?”. Apply what to learnt to the already created content.
- Now once you have written enough article. Buy a website and hosting and migrate all you content there.
8. Keep generating content continuously, for a year. Don’t think about the number of followers or traffics or generating money at this initial stage.
Money will follow once you have inculcated the skills and habit required to become a Digital Marketer.
In the above journey you will learn a lot of skills. First learn the skill to create quality content on a regular basic.
Once you master the habit of creating content regularly. Then focus on how to improve other aspects like promotion and generating traffic and monetizing.
Remember “Content is the King. Context is queen.”
Practice makes a man perfect. Keep going and Never give Up.
One of the best thing being a Content Creator is that you will have a real asset with you after few years that will act as a money generating machine.
Its a one time hard work like creating a company. Initially, its difficult but later on you will be reaping the benefits all life long.
Thanks for reading, Comment and share your views. If you liked the article do clap and share it with others.