Hello Everyone ! I’m back this week. Amal again assigned me a task in which I need to use some technique and share my experience while using it. This week’s task is to use Pomodoro technique, which at first I thought it’s Pandora’s box but I’m wrong. I need to complete my remaining Productivity and Time Management course so I decided to use this. In this technique I need to follow these steps:
- Before you start, create and prioritize a list of all the things you need to accomplish.
- Set a timer for 25 minutes and start working on the first task.
- If a distraction arises while you are working, write it down on a piece of paper and go back to it later. Keep working.
- When the timer rings, you have finished a Pomodoro. Take a 5-minute break, and then start another Pomodoro.
- Once you have finished four Pomodoro, take a 20- to 30- minute break.
- Repeat this cycle until all of your assignments are done or the workday is over.
We don’t know the advantages of any methodology until we are done with it .Here is my Pomodoro technique table full with stars which I got at task completion and different rewards in break time.
What I got from Pomodoro
I complete my task in a specific time which may take my whole day because there is no specific planning regarding it. During any kind of task completion distraction is the biggest hindrance and sometimes we enjoy these distractions until there comes a deadline. This technique helps me to take control of my own time. During this whole process my sister came back from college and we started to talk. Then I note down this distraction and talk with her in my break time. The little breaks are really good for the physical and mental health of a person. In my break time I did some stretches and walked which saved me from muscle pain and mental fatigue.
As you reach the end of Pomodoro your task is almost done. It is exciting race against clock and this excitement motivates you to move faster to complete your task. Look here task is completed with the help of my buddy “Pomodoro”.
Now I’m going to use it to complete my another task project work part 2 which is related to Resume building. In future I’m going to make it part of my hobby to achieve different things in time. It will help me to become more productive, more prolific and more proficient than ever before.