Key to treat Infertility
If you or a loved one is struggling to build a family, you need to know there are many roads you can take to find a solution.
Numerous studies show that people with infertility can get pregnant with a number of natural therapies or through surgeries. Natural ways are an exciting (and free) way of getting pregnant if you are dealing with infertility. Whereas, some causes of infertility can’t be corrected. However, a woman may still become pregnant with assisted reproductive technologies. These treatments which are suggested by many doctors are a mix of lifestyle and surgical contraception. For example:
FOR MEN (can markedly raise sperm count)
A. Life Style Education
These are important things to avoid from now until your wife gets pregnant as it treats infertility at its best.
1. Avoid soy based foods (e.g. tofu, tempeh, soy milk and cheese etc.) Even modest intakes drop sperm counts by 40%
2. Avoid aspirin, Motrin or similar medications which block the hormone prostaglandin
3. Avoid alcohol when convenient, and tobacco if able.
4. When convenient, avoid meat with estrogen (i.e. get your meat from natural food store.)
5. Increase liquid vegetable oils and avoid cottonseed oil, palm or coconut oils.
B. Surgical contraception
1. Treating infection- Antibiotic treatment may cure an infection of reproductive tract, but doesn’t always restore fertility
2. Hormone treatments and medications- Your doctor may recommend hormone replacement or medication where infertility is caused by high or low levels of certain hormones.
3. Assisted reproductive technology — ART treatments involve obtaining sperm through normal ejaculation, surgical extraction or from donor individuals, depending on your specific case and wishes.
A. Life Style Changes
These are important things to avoid from now until after you are three months pregnant.
1. Avoid coffee and sodas as they inhibit fertility
2. Avoid supplements with melatonin.
3. Avoid a high protein diet
4. NO Alcohol
5. Avoid vagina lubricants which can damage sperms.
B. Surgical Contraception
1. Stimulating ovulation with fertility drugs. This is the main treatment for women who are infertile due to ovulation disorders.
2. Intrauterine insemination (IUI)- During IUI, healthy sperm that have been collected and concentrated are placed directly in the uterus around the time the woman’s ovary releases one or more eggs to be fertilized.
3. Surgery to restore fertility- Problems such as uterine septum can be treated with surgery.
#infertility #hospital #bangalore #india #pregnancy #women