Top 5 Reasons to Move to (or Visit) Colorado
Colorado is growing. Fast. Since 2010 , the state has experienced a 6.50% growth in population. Many locals attribute it to the legalization of marijuana, but that just isn’t giving the state enough credit. Here are some of the most compelling reasons to move to (or visit) the “Centennial State”:
- A Lot to See— Colorado is too dry to be a forest and too wet to be a desert. The happy medium that it strikes makes for an almost surreal beauty. Its terrain ranges from dry grasslands to snowy mountains with their own microclimates. The air is crisp and free of humidity and the sky seems so within reach due to the altitude. There is certainly a lot of scenic beauty to witness here
- A Lot to Do — If you like doing outdoorsy stuff this is the state for you. Skiing is one of the biggest draws for the state, with plenty of beautiful lodging locations where you are moments from the slopes. When it comes to hiking the state has an embarrassment of riches with thousands of trails where you can escape your daily life and find your inner peace. There are multiple extremely well preserved state parks as well.
- The Music Scene — If you like going to concerts you are in luck as Colorado is home to arguably the greatest concert venue in the entire United States, Red Rocks. The venue consists of an amphitheater wedged between massive rocks that jut towards the sky in the most dramatic way imaginable. Red Rocks is a place every music lover must cross off their bucket list.
- Denver — Oh, there’s also a major metropolitan city smack dab in the middle of the state. Sports fans can enjoy a word class sporting experience at Sports Authority Field at Mile High while watching Peyton Manning sling touchdowns or head over to Coors Field and watch the Colorado Rockies bomb a few homers. The Denver Botanic Gardens and the Museum of Science and Nature are also great places to spend a day.
- Cat Cafe — Last but not least Colorado is home to America’s first cat cafe. Whether you love cats or you’re a dog lover wanting to switch over to the dark side there is nothing better than sipping on some coffee while a baby kitten sleeps soundly on your lap.