Having issues with installing QuickBooks Desktop? Download and run the QuickBooks Component Repair Tool (QBInstall). It’s designed to automatically identify and fix installation issues.
We’ll show you how to run QBInstall, and perform other solutions.
To save time on troubleshooting, be sure to run QBInstall before manually fixing installation issues.
Common errors the QBInstall tool can fix
These errors can occur if one of the core Microsoft components that QuickBooks Desktop uses is not functioning correctly.
- Errors relating to damaged Microsoft .NET Framework
- Errors relating to damaged MSXML and C++
- Problems opening QuickBooks Desktop, such as QuickBooks have Stopped Working or Unrecoverable errors
Keep in mind
- After running the tool, you may need to re-register or reactivate QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you’re uncomfortable performing any of the steps, consult an IT professional or a Windows expert.
- If you encounter errors while installing Windows updates, consult an IT professional or contact Microsoft.
Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic (QBInstall) tool
Running the QBInstall tool will help resolve Microsoft.NET, MSXML, and C++ issues.
To run the tool:
- Download QBInstall.
- When prompted, save the file on your Desktop.
- Close any open program, and then run the QBInstall tool.
- Note: It may take up to 20 minutes to complete depending on your internet speed and computer’s performance.
- After running the QBInstall tool, restart your computer to make sure the components are properly updated.
How to use QuickBooks Desktop Install Diagnostic tool
Solution 2: Download Windows updates
If your Windows operating system is out of date, QuickBooks may not be able to install or open correctly. Windows updates sometimes include available fixes for .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ issues.
To update Windows:
- You can access Windows updates by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard, then typing Windows Update on the search field.
- After installing updates, restart your computer.
- Try installing QuickBooks Desktop again to see if the issue has been resolved.
Solution 3: Manually fix problems with Windows components
If QBInstall doesn’t solve your problem, you can try to fix these Windows components manually. But you should only try this if you’re an IT professional, an advanced Windows expert, or if you’re working with an expert who can guide you, such as Microsoft support.
See these articles to learn how to repair Windows components:
Solution 4: Install or uninstall QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup
Sometimes, third-party applications, like anti-virus or anti-spyware apps, can interfere with the installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
To prevent these apps from causing issues, try to install or uninstall QuickBooks in Selective Startup.