I know someone who (really) needs a Ruby developer!
(This isn’t a blog post, but rather a plug for a good friend…)
(Psst… You can cut to the chase and read the full description for this role here.)
In, this developer role calls for:
- At least 3–5 years of HTML5, CSS3, Ruby on Rails, and MySQL experience.
- A solid command of Git and Github.
- A thorough understanding of design standards for web apps.
It would be really cool if you have experience with any of the following:
- Building mobile and responsive web apps.
- Ember and AngularJS 2.
- Sass or LESS.
- MongoDB and Node.js.
- Agile Development.
- Deployment to Capistrano or Heroku.
- Nginx with Passenger.
- Amazon S3.
- An interest in algorithms.
- And enthusiasm for independent music and media.
- Previous experience with start-ups.
Additionally, this role will start out on a part-time/freelance basis, but will morph into a long-term commitment as we continue to grow, with the potential for an equity stake. Our immediate needs involve maintaining stability and continuity across our system, while handling other secondary and tertiary small to mid-size projects right now. Our Washington D.C. based team will be happy to consider candidates who are both local and remote.
Sound good? Great! But wait - what the heck is all of this really for? And how can I apply?