Download Google Drive Files using wget
Files can be downloaded from google drive using wget. Before that you need to know that files are small and large sized in google drive.
Files less than 100MB are regarded as small files where as files greater than 100MB are regarded as large files.
Before the file to be downloaded it is needed to be share publicly.
- Select a file that is need to be downloaded and do right click.
- Click Share. A dialog box will appear.
- Click Advance in the right bottom corner.
- Click on the Change.. under who has access.
- Make it On- Public on the web.
- Click Save button.
- Copy the link for sharing…like…https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UibyVC_C2hoT_XEw15gPEwPW4yFyJFeOEA/view?usp=sharing
- Extrac FILEID part like….from above….1UibyVC_C2hoT_XEw15gPEwPW4yFyJFeOEA
SO for small file run following command on your terminal:
wget --no-check-certificate 'https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=FILEID' -O FILENAME
In the above command change the FILEID by above id extracted and rename FILENAME for your own simple use.
For lagre file run the following command with necessary changes in FILEID and FILENAME:
wget --load-cookies /tmp/cookies.txt "https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&confirm=$(wget --quiet --save-cookies /tmp/cookies.txt --keep-session-cookies --no-check-certificate 'https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=FILEID' -O- | sed -rn 's/.*confirm=([0-9A-Za-z_]+).*/\1\n/p')&id=FILEID" -O FILENAME && rm -rf /tmp/cookies.txt