At Acrylic, we’re on a mission to build the fine art creation tools of the future and make art accessible to all while making it easier for creators to earn a living. We leverage robotics and machine learning to enable visual artists to produce textured artwork made with real paint on canvas — at scale.
- APPLY HERE: https://form.typeform.com/to/agly9uxs
- We’re a robotics startup based in Montreal, QC, recruiting for a full-time or part time robotics engineer starting ASAP.
- This role is in-person.
- The start date is flexible, and applications are accepted on a rolling basis (priority to early applicants).
Duties and Responsibilities
This is an exciting time for Acrylic! We’re fresh off releasing our first collection, a collaboration with Matt Chessco, one of Canada’s most prominent artists. You may have seen us on Instagram, where we went viral, gaining over 6 million views, or during our appearance on CBC’s Dragons’ Den. Right now, we’re collaborating with internationally acclaimed artists, launching a partnership with Canada’s top online art marketplace, and working on putting Acrylic paintings in every home in Canada. Come join us as we continue to grow on this rocketship trajectory!
- Research and develop new artistic techniques to enhance our painting capabilities
- Develop and integrate new and existing robotic mechanisms to streamline production
- Test and optimize our painting robot functions to produce stunning paintings with high accuracy & reliability scores
- Work with project and product managers to establish product limitations, timelines, and milestones
What we are looking for
- Have completed or working to complete a graduate degree in robotics, mechatronics, computer science, or equivalent
- Previous work or educational experience in robotics
- Strong proficiency in Python
- Experience with hardware & software design
- Excellent troubleshooting and technical analysis skills
- Ability to scope out new projects and areas of future research
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with robotics software frameworks (ROS, G-code, other control middleware)
- Prior experience with control systems
- Experience with robotic arms and automating processes/industrial automation
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Hands-on experience with painting or fine arts