At Acrylic, we’re on a mission to build the fine art creation tools of the future and make art accessible to all while making it easier for creators to earn a living. We leverage robotics and machine learning to enable visual artists to produce textured artwork made with real paint on canvas — at scale.
- APPLY HERE: https://5dd3t7leicc.typeform.com/to/xwAhJdNq
- We’re a robotics startup based in Montreal, QC, recruiting for a full-time software engineer starting ASAP.
- This role is in-person.
- The start date is flexible, and applications are accepted on a rolling basis (priority to early applicants).
Duties and Responsibilities
This is an exciting time for Acrylic! We’re fresh off releasing our first collection, a collaboration with Matt Chessco, one of Canada’s most prominent artists. You may have seen us on Instagram, where we went viral, gaining over 6 million views, or during our appearance on CBC’s Dragons’ Den. Right now, we’re collaborating with internationally acclaimed artists, launching a partnership with Canada’s top online art marketplace, and working on putting Acrylic paintings in every home in Canada. Come join us as we continue to grow on this rocketship trajectory!
- Design, implement, & deploy new tools and capabilities for end users
- Develop interfaces for software tool testing and deployment
- Automate the artwork processing pipeline to allow us to scale production
- Maintain existing products and support client requests
What we’re looking for:
- University degree in software engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- Experience in software application development
- Strong proficiency in C++
- Strong proficiency in Python
- Strong technical communication skills
- Ability to scope out new projects and areas of future research
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with application design
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Proven track record with creating interfaces and websites
- A creative thinker with a passion for thinking outside of the box
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Prior experience in cloud computing
- Hands-on experience with painting or fine arts