Hedge Fund Linkfest: Bill Ackman
Just another quick hedge fund linkfest after a small hiatus. We’re taking a break from the activist investing world with these linkfests to highlight some good reads — mostly company specific, some industry related, and likely skewed toward the hedge fund world.
This is an ad-hoc series, to be done few times a week. We plan on turning this into a linkfest email series [sign up for that here].
- Seth Klarman had its third down year in 2016 [link] via @JuliaLaRoche
- Is Sum of The Parts worthless [link] via @oddballstocks
- How stories drive the stock market [link] via @RobertJShiller
- Bronte Capital Dec. 2015 letter [link] via @John_Hempton
- Howard Hughes: Houston concerns creates an opportunity [link]
- Bill Ackman doesn’t understand index funds [link] via @KidDynamiteBlog
What we’re reading, book wise —
- Creativity, Inc: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration “Many have attempted to formulate and categorize inspiration and creativity. This book is an astute experience of how creativity isn’t strictly a well of ideas, but an alchemy of people. In Creativity, Inc. Ed reveals, with common sense specificity and honesty, examples of how not to get in your own way and how to realize a creative coalescence of art, business, and innovation.”
Follow up on Twitter @activiststocks and hit us up on Snapchat —