Sprint 1 — Retrospective
What went well during this sprint cycle?
- We are a good team. One of us is an expert in doing last minute research, booking flights and housing, and making sure that we comply with the rules. The other one is a pro at monitoring our weekly spending, documenting trip memories, and building social presence. We complement each other in the kitchen and cook outstanding dinners when we are in the mood to stay in.
- We are good at managing our budget. We have been using an app to log all expenses and understand our preferences. We now see a trend and can act upon it.
- We chose excellent destinations, mostly after brief conversations with the local Uber drivers and airbnb hosts. Madeira, the Azores, and Douro valley were all last minute discoveries, unique and beautiful.
What went wrong?
- We failed to get sleep.
- We haven’t been able to stick to a routine, exercise, or work on our projects.
- As much as we like to stay flexible and build our route on the go, taking care of bookings last minute created unnecessary stress that can and should be avoided.
What could we do to improve?
- Go to bed early and wake up at sunrise.
- Book tickets and housing at least a week or two in advance, not one day prior or the day of.
- Learn how to drive manual transmission to avoid renting overpriced automatic cars.
- Revive our New York routine, with exercising, reading, and studying in the morning.