20 Chrome Extensions You Can Use To Improve Your Gmail Productivity
In October 2018, Gmail announced via their twitter handle that they just surpassed 1.5 billion users. This shows that quite a lot of people use Gmail as their email provider. Some people spend hours daily reading and sending emails but at times the long hours they spend on their email are not very productive due to the fact that they don't know what emails or tasks to give more attention to. However, there are many ways to improve your productivity and reduce the time you spend dealing with your emails, an example of such is Gmail extensions. A Gmail extension is a Google Chrome extension that directly impacts the layout or function of your Gmail dashboard. You can find many of the available extensions in the Chrome web store.
Below are 20 of my favorite Chrome extensions for Gmail.
With this extension, you can get email notifications, read, listen to, or delete emails without opening Gmail. Some of its features include:
•You can see the person sending you an email, there is also an option to show their contact photos or your assigned photos for them.
• Voice notification: If you get an email while you’re busy, this extension can optionally read it out loud.
• Popup mail preview window to read, archive, mark as read or delete emails without leaving the current tab.
With this extension, you can send out mass emails. You can also send personalized mail merge campaigns based on data from Google Sheets such as name, email address, etc. Some of its other features include:
• Schedule mass emails to be sent later.
• Track opens and clicks.
• Send follow-up emails to people that opened, clicked, or replied to a previous campaign, or to those that didn't open, click, or reply.
• See all reports right in your Gmail account, under the “GMass Reports” Label.
• Create instant recipient lists based on search results.
• Send unlimited emails from your Gmail account by connecting your GMass account to an external SMTP service like Sendgrid.
This is an extension you can use to track if your email has been opened or read.
✓ means that your email has been sent, but not opened.
✓✓ mean that your email has been opened.
You can use it to manage group emails and organize your company’s projects with Trello-like boards. Some of its other features include:
• Create a shared inbox from Gmail to manage group emails.
• Share existing or new Gmail labels with members of your team.
• Turn emails into task cards and add them to your project board.
• Share your Trello-like boards with your team in one click, directly from your inbox.
• Manage your team workload with member columns and task assignments.
You can use this extension to send and preview Dropbox files and links without leaving your Gmail window. By adding a Dropbox button to Gmail Compose, you can send Dropbox shared links in email — allowing you to share large files and save space inside your inbox.
This extension allows you to schedule emails to automatically send in the future, you can write an email now, and the service will send it later. It also helps you to postpone (“snooze”) incoming emails, by making them disappear from your Inbox into a folder or label, then bringing them back to the top of the message list at a specified time.
With this extension, you can manage sales and customer relationships inside Gmail. You don't have to switch back and forth between your inbox and other tools to manage your customer relationship.
This extension hides your inbox by default so that you don't get distracted, you would only see your inbox when you deliberately choose to. You can decide how many times you want to check your inbox and how much total time you want to spend on it. There is also an option to visually see how long you have spent compared to how long you want to spend.
This extension displays useful information such as about the people who email you and allows you to find anyone’s email address without leaving your inbox. With it, you can discover details such as location, job title, social profiles, and email address. You can also search for people by name, job title, or role to find the best contact at different companies.
You can use this extension to schedule emails you want to be sent later. You can also set recurring emails, notes, follow up emails, templates, signatures, CRM & more. Some of its other features include:
• Attach private notes only you can read.
•Use templates to write emails faster.
• Send sequences with follow-ups that automatically send if a recipient doesn’t reply.
• Set reminders to not lose track of important conversations.
• Share visual previews of web links within your emails, like on social media.
- Embed GIFs from GIPHY within your emails.
With Block Sender for Gmail™, you can block any email permanently in one click and send a fake “This email address doesn’t exist” error message. It works for email addresses, domains, subject lines, and even keywords. You can try a few blocks for free or upgrade to get advanced features and bounce back messages.
You can use it to create, customize, and automatically add professionally designed email signatures to your email. You can edit and update your signature at any time. You can also use dynamic and engaging add-ons on your email signature.
This extension is a quick way to manage and add leads, contacts to Zoho CRM from Gmail. You can create new contacts and leads, and log calls, add tasks, events, allowing you to keep track of prospective deals and customers.
You can use it to keep tabs on incoming emails, add emails as tasks in Todoist so that you can take action on them later. Each email added as tasks can include information such as due dates, reminders, and priorities. Once the tasks are done, you can complete the tasks from Gmail.
With this extension, you can experience salesforce in your Gmail. It only works with G-Suite corporate email accounts. Some of the features include:
• Search and browse Salesforce records inside Gmail.
• Create new Salesforce records, including Custom Object records, directly in Gmail.
• Craft emails with Salesforce Templates.
• Manage Salesforce Tasks right from Gmail.
This extension will open a Compose window in Gmail when you click any email address on a webpage. It also provides a button that will create a Gmail message when clicked, using the page title as the subject and selected page text and link address as the message.
With this extension, you can chat, share Gmail labels, and have real-time team collaboration with others without leaving Gmail. All messages added to each label will be visible to everyone who has access to the label.
With this extension, you can track how long you read and write emails.
With this extension, you can attach and share files from OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, and Evernote.