Any Given Wednesday (S1, E2)
— June 30, 2016
Well, we went from plain awkward to cringe-worthy. Obviously not the direction we were hoping for. Not to worry though, I have a 5 step plan to fix the show (you’re welcome Bill, just let me know where to pick up the checks):
- Step 1: Tie Bill’s hands behind his back and / or amputate
- Step 2: Stop trying to be funny and / or John Oliver. Not everything is virally hashtagable.
- Step 3: Avoid making your guests look like POWs. Who’s gonna wanna go on your show to get held hostage by snarky intellectuals. #freeCuban
- Step 4: Get rid of the canned segments. If we’re watching the show, we’re listening to your podcasts: we’ve already heard these opinions.
- Step 5: Give more time to the interviews. Right before you cut away, the Cuban / Gladwell exchange was actually getting *gasp* interesting. More of that please.
Again, it’s still early and by every indication Simmons is being thoughtful about the show and the format. Hopefully this week will be the Lebron-chasedown-block-from-the-back momentum altering episode.
Rating: 2 / 10 ; Too soon to tell