Wednesday, May 17th 2017
Just a reminder that our next AI @ CUMC will meet on:
Wednesday, May 17th, 2017
Word Up Bookstore
2113 Amsterdam Ave,
New York, NY 10032
From 6:45PM to 8:30PM
We will talk about One Shot Learning and start speaking about AI: A Modern Approach chapter 1.
Read about OpenAI’s One Shot Learning here:
Also, check out our gitter chatroom:
Organizer w/ AI@CUMC
The Motherlode repo. Find goodies here including the Deep Learning book and the AI: Modern Approach Book. If you value out of any of these books, please buy it and support the authors that took the time to create it:
Med Tech Shout out:
Rahul Remanan and his buddies at MOAD have created the ideal AI development server to take advantage of improvements in the Linux kernel: See http://moad.computer
Check out his blog: remananr.com/Blog/
Here are some interesting reads:
1. Accelerationism: how a fringe philosophy predicted the future we live in by Andy Beckett
Via The Guardian
4. Artificial Intelligence is Completely Transforming Modern Healthcare by Neil C. Bhavsar and Abby Norman via Futurism
5. The war over artificial intelligence will be won with visual data by Evan Nisselson
2. Hello World: Exploring the world of tech outside Silicon Valley by Bloomberg TV
3. Siraj Raval’s take on One Shot Learning by Siraj Raval on Youtube.
He’s a great teacher and entertaining to watch
4. Coding Train’s Youtube Course on Intelligence with P5.js by Daniel Shiffman
1. OpenAI gitter channel
Great resource to ask about general AI questions and how to use OpenAI to test your algorithms.
They are discussing the Deep Learning Book and troubleshooting how to install Keras and Tensorflow to mess with Deep Forward Networks. Super exciting stuff! Check them out.