Effective Lyricfinder.org Removal Guide
Every time I launch the browser, the website Lyricfinder.org appears automatically as my default homepage. I have tried resetting Google as my homepage but failed. It is really annoying. My computer system is Windows 7 64 bits. How can I solve the problem? Anyone advice will be appreciated.
Information of Lyricfinder.org
Lyricfinder.org is a website with bad reputation associated with browser hijacker and adware. The web page seems to feature search service and it has a convincing appearance because of the icons of Facebook, Yahoo, Twitter on it. However, it is actually a tool designed to trick PC users into taking it as the default search engine and browser homepage to help criminals to increase the artificial traffic and boost affiliate payments by forcing users to visit random advertising websites. There is a weird phenomenon that you would find various advertisements popping up under the search box. If you type some keywords in the search box to do a search, you will find that the search results contain a lot of advertisements and sponsored links. And after this infection, you will find it hard to access the websites you want to visit, for the redirect virus will keep redirect your browsers to its own page or other unknown websites. Besides, this redirect virus will constantly pop up sorts of advertisements on your browsers, urging you to download some unknown files, toolbars, or security software. You should not rashly click on that advertisements, for any click on them could lead to invasion of other malware like Trojan, spyware and adware.
Even though you purchase its full version to help fix threats, it turns out that nothing works out. The main purpose of the devious program is to gain users¡¯ money by cheating them. You may feel angry because you are cheated. Besides, it will totally modify your browser settings and internet settings and won¡¯t allow you to reset them back to the normal states even you have tried several times. However, don¡¯t believe the fraud it set up, try to remove the program and don¡¯t get in touch with this evil website hijacker any more.
To save trouble, you need to remove Lyricfinder.org as soon as possible. You can follow the step to step instruction below to efficiently remove this virus right now:
Undesirable Impacts of Lyricfinder.org Infection
1. Lyricfinder.org modifies the browser settings without your permission and it doesn¡¯t allow you to change the settings back.
2. There are lots of advertisements popping up on the browsers, which badly affects your surfing experience.
3. Computer is infected with the parasites it brings, causing application slowdown and system instability.
4. The performance of the affected browsers will be incredibly slow down while unresponsive webs will be expected more often.
5. Your personal information like usernames, passwords may be collected and sent to the remote cyber criminals.
How to Manually Remove Lyricfinder.org?
Since the advanced anti-virus software can¡¯t take effectively to get rid of the browser hijacker, then manual removal will be highly required. Frankly speaking, the manual removal way is complicated and requires you to have enough computer knowledge and skills. If you are sure about it, follow the guide below to get rid of the threat completely (Remember to make a backup of the files before making any changes):
Step1. Terminate the related processes immediately
1) Right click on the task bar and select Task Manager or press the Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Esc composite keys to open Task Manage.
2) In the Windows Task Manager window, click on the Processes tab, find out all the related processes of the browser hijacker and disable them.
3) Exit the Task Manager window.
Step2. Remove the related program from the Control Panel
1) Click on the Start button and click Control Panel in the menu.
2) Click on the Uninstall a program link below the Programs.
3) In the showing programs list, search for the unwanted program that is associated with the redirect virus and highlight it then click on the Uninstall.
4) Next, follow the prompt to complete the uninstallation.
5) Once finished, refresh the list and find out if the browser hijacker has been successfully removed.
Step3. Clean Lyricfinder.org from the browsers
1) Start the Internet Explorer, click on Tools in the menu bar then choose the Internet Options in the drop-down list.
2) Click on the Advanced tab in the showing window, then click the Reset button.
3) Restart the Internet Explorer.
1) Open the Mozilla Firefox, click on the Firefox menu. Locate the Help then click on the Troubleshooting Information.
2) In the showing Troubleshooting Information page, click on the Reset Firefox button and confirm the reset request.
1) Launch the Google Chrome and click on the Settings in the list.
2) In the Settings label page, click on Show advanced settings.
3) Click on Reset browser settings button.
Lyricfinder.org redirect virus is a computer virus used by cyber criminals to promote their own website or other affiliated websites. Once this redirect virus slips into your computer, it would add some unknown add-ons onto your web browsers and modify the browser settings without any permission, making the browsers work improperly. It must be frustrating when Lyricfinder.org appears on the browser each time it starts up. You fail to eliminate the web page even though you have re- install the browser. Even worse, it can harvest your privacy, including personal identifiable information, online shopping account information, online bank information and credit card details. To guard your private information and financial related account from undesirable attacks, you should remove Lyricfinder.org immediately.
Note: It requires sufficient computer skills to perform the manual removal of this redirect virus. Use a professional malware cleaning tool instead if you are not familiar with computer.