What life lessons have you learnt after coming to Mumbai?
Prettier girls : There are way more prettier girls in Mumbai than those heroines!. They are some times too good. Okay leave girls, their moms can give many pretty girls of else where a run for their money (Ask those daughters or jealous daughters!). I some times (many a times) get confused between who is the mom or younger sister. People here are too health conscious.
- Life is real fast : I have been here for last four years and it seems like just one month!. Life is too fast and happening. You don’t get time to think.
- Time is more valuable than money : Here time is money.People can give you money but not their time. People are too time conscious also.
- Every thing every time at a phone call : Every thing is available at your door step 24/7 on just a phone call away.We can get Ola every two minutes every where any time. Ola doesn’t have ride later option in Mumbai as there are too many ride now available. Want food at 1 AM, no problem.There are hotels running all night. The city truly never sleeps. People roam at marine drive as late as 3 AM and many of them!. Convenience of life is too good.
- Broad minded people : People here are quite broad minded. If you are going any where holding hands of your girl friend or even cuddling, no one gives you a look!. Forget commenting and moral policing, they don’t bother to look at you!. Privacy is honored to a high level here.
- Woman Safety : It has been demonstrated in several studies (Videos available of You Tube)
It turns out to be safest in whole world with zero cat calling and almost zero leering!
- No one can ditch local : People having Honda city also travel with local as it saves a hell lot of time with zero delays.Cars are meant only for week end or outings or showoff!.
- Stars are too frequent to spot : People living in South Mumbai and near Bandra — Goregaon, spot too many stars even in the day time!. People take them in stride with no real hullabaloo.I haven’t seen big cutouts of any big stars here also.
- Every one seems to be rich here : Never under estimate any one here based on clothes. People invest in gold. Under that 250/- shirt you may find 2.5 Lacs gold chain!. I have seen people carrying cash worth 2–3 Lacs with reason that ‘a need may arise!’
- Real estate is insanely costly : No need to elaborate that I guess.Real estate made more millionaires here than any one else. let me tell you my real ‘seen with naked eye’ story. The flat next to which in I live was purchased by their owners in 8 lacs (2BHK), 10 years back. Now it costs whopping 80 Lacs! (1000% return!) as rightly pointed out by Mithun Harikumar).
- People are really nice : Leaving behind the media propaganda of local wrath towards outsiders , I am yet to observe a bruise by any local here.
All in All… Mumbai rocks.
Originally published at www.quora.com.