LinkedIn Pros and Cons
LinkedIn has 700 + million members worldwide; the world's largest professional network for jobs and community.
50 million companies are listed on Linkedin; There were 65 090 000 Linkedin users in India in January 2020, which accounted for 4.6% of its entire population. People aged 25 to 34 were the largest user group (39 000 000).
Here are the following points are the Pros of the LinkedIn Feature:
- Search: The person or company or jobs the relevant results are reflected on your page while you are searching and the multiple filter options are available to find exact results based on user needs. The search keyword is “Product Manager” which means in the filter options user selects “people” Number of people working as Product Manager profile comes to Upfront send connection request make the connection with them for network building or Career consultation was done with him/her.
2. Messaging: Make communication with their connected network based on. user thoughts he/she asks for an on-job referral or career guidance it might be really helpful for aspiring people to make contact with those who already succeed in their domain to clarify their doubts.
3. Skills and Endorsements: Based on the Employee profile they can add skills to their profile and with the endorsement feature people(who know about users) agreed to their skills which is people's validation of skills and gives confidence about their skills to the user.
4. Reactions: Share user thoughts by post and get responses from other LinkedIn members as well as my connections and people to apply their emotions via reactions (like, celebrate, support, love, Insightful and curious) and get to know people’s responses about your post; How many numbers liked and how many peoples celebrate, etc.
5. Profile (Open to work & Hiring): Someone is looking for a job or someone is looking for people to hire based on the profile picture label people understand their current position; no need to visit their profile.
6. Activity: On the User profile page “Show all activity” feature is present which has the history of all the activities whatever posts you liked and commented on and posts you created articles and documents also everything is available based on a hierarchy of recent activities.
Here are the following points are the Cons of the LinkedIn Feature:
Cost Factor: LinkedIn premium is based on their targeted users classified into four types namely Business, career, Sales Navigator core, and Recruiter lite benefits are minimal only which I compared to how much money spent for premium/month or premium/year; Better to increase the number of benefits or reduce the price it could be better for users.
The above points are discussed based on the experience of my perspective, it might differ from person to person their job roles and how long they use LinkedIn, and what the purpose to use the LinkedIn these are all considered past 2 years I am using LinkedIn for networking with people and skill upgrade for my career growth.
Feedbacks and your thoughts are welcome!