Do you want $10M seed funds for your startup idea?
Launch an Initial Coin Offering(ICO) now.
In last few months, I have been approached by multiple companies, organizations, NGOs asking to launch there next big Initial Coin offering to raise funds. Launching ICO is the hottest trend to raise money for a startup or an NGO or any group of people who has an idea.
Companies have successfully raised 100s of millions of dollars by offering initial coins to investors of crowd sale.
It is a very lucrative way to launch your first crowdfunding campaign.
Who has raised funds so far?
At the time of writing this article, coinmarketcap.com has listed database of 1410 tokens.
I still don’t understand, what does it mean to launch an ICO and raise money?
To explain it better, consider it as,
- going public, and getting listed but without involving government and stock exchange.
- Kickstarter without the commissions.
You launch a website with details about your idea, launch your cryptocoin and list them on a various website to let cryptocurrency investors buy your coins.
What does it take to launch an ICO?
- A detailed Whitepaper that explains what your idea is, how will you build it, describe details of why is it going to change the world. Your whitepaper could be 8 pages or 100 pages long.
Tip: Hiring someone from websites like UpWork and convert your whitepaper into multiple languages.
- Beautifully designed Marketing website that has few important sections listed including but not limited to:
a. Core team section with photos of each team member. Preferred LinkedIn and Twitter links. Also, add a list of board of advisors.
b. What is your timeline for the project including Alpha release, beta release, public release, future milestones
c. Distribution of your coins and offering. Basic structure that companies follow is:
50% public offering
25% distributed to the team
25% kept for future
- Little money and time to outreach investors and media and send emails to everyone you can get to invest.
- A company that can create your Smart Contract or tokens. You should choose a company that understands the process and also has the understanding of existing regulations.
- Hosting server to raise funds and distribute tokens
- Some initial money to buy your coins. Once you launch your coins, you would like to buy 50% of them. Your first purchase of your coins sets a starting price of your cryptocurrency.
How much time does it take to launch an ICO?
Who will give you the money?
Anyone who is investing in cryptocurrency. As people are investing in currencies like ETHER, which is eventually raising the value for everyone else who owns it. As the value of the cryptocurrency is becoming higher, it is building trust in the investor’s mind.
Investors around the world are committing to investing 2% to 5% of there portfolio into cryptocurrency.
- If you can create a FOMO(fear of missing out), then you could raise a very successful round of funding. Invest heavily in PR and marketing tend to raise a lot of money.
- A strong team will perform better in a crowdsale.
- Get a domain on resale which already has some strong domain authorities and backlinks.
- Initial investment from another blockchain investor could lead to a successful round.
- ICOs are unregulated and has both risks and rewards. Great fortunes are being made overnight, and lost just as quickly. So be careful.
- A project that provides a unique solution to a real-world problem has chances of raising a lot of money.
If you are looking to launch a blockchain based application and you need advice, you can reach out to us at www.leewayhertz.com