#DearNigerianGraduate: HOW YOU CAN START A DRYCLEANING BUSINESS TODAY (EVEN IF YOU DON’T OWN A PRESSING IRON)
1. Choose a name for your laundry business.
2. Walk to a good drycleaning outlet near you, preferably one that does pick up and delivery.
3. Ask them to retail their services to you. This means if they charge 200 per shirt normally, negotiate for a 50%, 40% or 30% discount since you’ll be bringing jobs in bulk.
They will most likely accept your offer because most times, the laundry firms operate below capacity. This means they have lesser jobs than they would have loved to have.
4. Once you reach an agreement, start talking to people about your laundry business. Start with people closer to you: friends, colleagues, family, online friends etc.
5. Once you win a customer, call your partner laundry firm to go pick up, do the drycleaning and deliver. If your partner laundry firm doesn’t offer pick up and delivery, it means you’ll have to handle this.
6. Bill your customer. Your customer pays you directly, you then pay your partner laundry firm their percentage.
Everyone is happy: your customer, your partner and YOU.
P.S.: This is not some motivational talk. What you have up there is how I started my company, Wash.and.Carry