Here are the ways to promote your clinical trials online:
HAVE AN INTRODUCTION
Any health-associated research project that involves humans, their data should have been assessed and be in acceptance of a favorable judgment from the recognized REC or Research Ethics Committee and the JRCO or Joint Research Compliance Office. Any trials of experimental drug will also need authorization from a regulatory authority — the MHRA or Medicine and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency — prior to its initiation.
The Head Investigator for the clinical trial is accountable for approving any kind of materials, formats and wording used to endorse the trials online and for making sure all platforms and materials used are in total agreement with the trial’s contractual, legal, data protection requirements and research ethics approval.
BEFORE ONLINE ADVERTISEMENT
You must be sure the trial had the requisite institutional, MHRA and REC approvals before building on any digital or web content, and be sure that:
- You and a Chief Investigator of this trial (if it’s not you) need to read, comprehend and fully fulfills with all the rules and requirements.
- If you have any third party or funder, you have to aware of the importance of confidentiality of their conditions about publicity of the details of if there are any Intellectual Property requirements in a period that might limit or govern your content.
- All mechanisms and materials used to communicate regarding your trial had been included in your permitted REC submission.
- All the Data Protection necessities had been observed, and with any requisite listings have been made by your coordinator at Departmental Data Protection.
- The College Department has reviewed and approved the proposals for any involvement use of the College equipment, digital platforms, hardware, or system for the communication and management of your trial.
BEST PRACTICE FOR TALKING ABOUT YOUR CLINICAL TRIAL
Here are the plans that you must have on how you wanted to communicate regarding your trial well before submitting your ethics agreement:
- Research and accede about which platforms, media, wording and formats you may hope to use for your advertisement, recruitment and communication of the trial for the life span of the project.
- Make sure that the proposals will fulfill with statutory, institutional, legal and funder requirements.
- If you’re not the Head Investigator for the trial, you should obtain the authorization of the Head Investigator for the precise wording, platforms and formatting being used before going on with the development.
- When the Chief Investigator had any concerns or queries, he/she can seek supervisions from the JRCO.
- Don’t forget to include particulars of all your proposals, and accurate wording of your promotional materials within the application for ethics authorization or approval.
HOW TO PRESENT YOUR REQUEST FOR THE COLLEGE FACILITIES AND ASSIST IN PROMOTING THE TRIALS ONLINE
Be sure all the required actions with the approvals are in its place and also include confirmation of it with your request.
- When you intend to only use standard College-provided website formats and tools for your communications, you have to contact the Departmental Web Officer so they can assist you.
- If your requests involved the utilization of the non-Imperial web addresses or the setting up of the internal hosted (like Imperial owned server) dedicated website you may need to submit the request due to the College Web Exception procedure.