Sunday Bunch of Links
This Sunday: drawing inspiration from the work of others. Here’s what has caught my eyes and ears in the past couple of weeks.
Some of my favorite blog posts are roundups. I look forward to The REWM every Sunday night and Greater Greater Washington’s breakfast links post each morning. So I’ve decided to return the favor this time.
- Snap Judgment: DK and DJ
- The Moth: Once More, for Our American Daughter
- Code Switch: The Blessing (And Curse?) Of Miss Saigon
Ever find yourself in a conversation about race and identity where you just get...stuck? Code Switch can help. We're…www.npr.org
Reading — Books
- Life of the Party: The Remarkable Story of How Brownie Wise Built, and Lost, a Tupperware Party Empire
- The Airbnb Story: How Three Guys Disrupted an Industry… Made Billions, and Created Plenty of Controversy
Reading — Articles
Race and Equity
- Why Is Asian Salad Still on the Menu? (NYT)
- Is This How Discrimination Ends? (Atlantic)
- How Homeownership Became the Engine of American Inequality (NYT)
Social Media and Our Minds
- How Billionaires Stole My Mind (Raptitude)
- How Technology Hijacks People’s Minds — from a Magician and Google’s Design Ethicist (Tristan Harris)
- Don’t Let Facebook Make You Miserable (NYT)
- You’re Not Going to Believe What I’m About to Tell You (The Oatmeal)
- The new status symbol: it’s not what you spend — it’s how hard you work (Guardian)
- It’s Been a Rough Week for James Comey, but At Least He Got Some Cookies (NPR)
Happy Mother’s Day and have a great week!
Originally published at Chasing Minimalism.