Assignment part 2 BSIT-3D
3. Develop an outline (major heading and subheading only) for a project management plan to create a Web Site for your class, and then dill in the details for the introduction or overview section. Assume that this Web site would include home page with links to a syllabus for the class, lecture notes or other instructional information, links to the Web site for the books that we are using in the class, links to other Web sites and all links to personal pages for each member of your class and future classmates. Also, include a bulletin board and chat room feature where students and the instructor can exchange information. Assume your instructor is the project’s sponsor, you are the project manager, your classmates are your project team and you have three months to complete the project.
Project Name: Project Management Class Web Site
Project Description and Need: The project interest is to create more courses and offer more sections of project management. By creating web site for the project management information the faculty and students can create a repository of useful information to enhance teaching and learning. The project will be completed in three months.
Project Deliverables: A home page with links with links to a syllabus for the class,lecture notes or other instuctional information,links to other web site for the books that we are using in the class,links to other web site and all links to personal pages for each member of your class and future classmates.
1.0 HOME PAGE
1.1 INTRODUCTION OF THE PROJECT
2.2 GRADING SYSTEM
3.0 BULLETIN BOARD
4. Write a short paper based on the chapter’s opening case. Answer the following questions (Information Technology Project Management, 7e, page 140, Opening Case):
a. What do you think the real problem was in this case?
- The real problem of the case is that Nick did not focus on managing all aspects of the project.
b. Does the case present a realistic scenario? Why or why not?
- Yes because some case it happen because if you don’t have enough knowledge to handle a project and become a project manager.
c. Was Nick Carson a good project manager? Why or why not?
- No because he only focus to role he need to focus also in managing all aspects of the project.
d. What should top management have done to help Nick?
- the top management have done to help Nick is he don’t need to focus in only on the role he need to focus in the other aspect of becoming a project manager.
e. What could Nick have done to be a better project manager?
- He need a experience and he need to learn how to become a better project manager.