Now Hiring: Customer Empathy Manager (bilingual)
There are more hungry people in New York than there are citizens of San Francisco.
To make matters worse: the same moms that don’t know where dinner is going to come from are constantly treated with disrespect and stigma.
At Lemontree we get to show up at work every day and tackle these critical issues. We’re a non-profit that helps our customers put a dignified and delicious meal on the table at a fair price.
We’re a small team of two that operates like a high-growth startup. We’ve raised money from some of the top VCs and founders in NYC and we’re on track to deliver 25,000 meals this year (we launched in May).
We’re hiring a customer empathy manager.
As a non-profit, our only responsibility is to serve our low-income customers. Your job is to make sure we’re doing right by them.
That means you’ll talk to customers. All the time.
Every week you’ll schedule and conduct customer interviews to learn how we can improve our product. And you’ll back those insights up with surveys and changes to our core product.
When you’re not using interviews to collect actionable insights, you will own all of our customer service and ordering workflows. That means fielding hundreds of text messages per week with grace and designing processes that make things run smoothly.
You’ll also help dream up and implement new marketing strategies to help new families find and enjoy Lemontree. Alongside the CEO, you’ll manage our ambassador program and engage our super users.
As an early stage startup, everyone jumps in when help is needed. We’re looking for a generalist who can lend a hand with everything from sales to packing groceries.
Our customers speak Spanish and so do you. This role is perfect for a native (or fluent) Spanish speaker.
What you’ll do all day
- Handle customer service inquiries (and design a process that makes handling inbound messages easier)
- Schedule and conduct user interviews
- Surface insights that make our product better
- Support customer marketing (manage an ambassador program, attend in person sales pitches, etc.)
What we need from you
- Fluency in English and Spanish with great writing skills in both languages.
- Ego-lessness–at Lemontree everyone jumps in and lends a hand with everything, even when it’s no fun.
- Empathy–your job is to lead the way as we treat our customers with dignity and respect.
- Versatility–you can seamlessly shift from customer service work to sales-pitches with grace.
Why work here
- You will make a meaningful impact on the lives of low-income families that need your help.
- As part of a team of 3, you will get to take ownership over meaty problems.
- We’re growing fast. You will have tons of opportunities to scale with the organization.
Our customers come from diverse backgrounds. We’re 100% dedicated to building an organization that reflects this. We strongly encourage women and people of color to apply.
To apply email email@example.com.