Now Hiring: Operations Manager (employee #1) @ Lemontree
Lemontree is looking for employee number one to help us end hunger and bring real food to the people who need it most. Our product is a new way to buy groceries for poor Americans. We end stigma, improve nutrition and stretch tight budgets.
As a non-profit, we’re 100% aligned with the needs of our customers.
As Operations Manager you’ll be responsible for applying rigor and making sure that groceries end up in the hands of our customers week after week. If you’re detail oriented and action minded, you’re going to love this.
Your moment of glory will happen every week when we make our grocery deliveries. You’ll coordinate the volunteers you recruited, bag the ingredients you purchased and drive the truck you leased.
Many of the communities we serve are Hispanic. As a fluent Spanish speaker, you’ll manage communications with customers in English and Spanish. You’ll own everything from customer support to sales pitches.
As the first employee your key skill is versatility. Some days you’ll be making high-level strategic decisions; other days you’ll be working alongside the founder and CEO packing pallets of produce into grocery bags.
- Source ingredients for weekly grocery boxes
- Coordinate volunteers as they assemble kits
- Drive product to pickup points (and hire additional drivers as needed)
- Design and manage a customer support process that informs product strategy
- Assist with sales pitches in Spanish
- Experience managing projects (of any kind)
- A passion for scaling things and building systems
- Strong written communication (in English and Spanish)
- Comfortable public speaking in Spanish
- Empathetic worldview
- Ability to lift heavy boxes
- Valid drivers license
Our customers come from diverse backgrounds. We’re 100% dedicated to building an organization that reflects this. We strongly encourage women and people of color to apply.
To apply email email@example.com.