Who's To Blame If One Gets Killed In An (Uber/Tesla/Waymo) Self-Driving Car?
Seyi Fabode
7115

The reality is that people don’t evaluate the trolley problem when they’re presented with it, because they have a split second to react. Out of 40k collisions per year, how many do you think are trolley problem collisions that give the driver enough time to choose. I’d say less than 1%. So you’re making a big issue out of 1% of collisions when the other 99% are the problem. And AVs are going to reduce those massively because they don’t drive aggressively and they err on the side of caution, far more than humans.

One clap, two clap, three clap, forty?

By clapping more or less, you can signal to us which stories really stand out.