What Does SAATCHiNVEST Invest In?
We get asked this a lot.
You will get the best feel from the company we keep….
We’re seed investors in Citymapper, Dojo, Ometria, Technology Will Save Us, Streetteam (now Verve), Farewill, Evrythng, Gluru, Endource, Leaf, Picasso Labs, Mrs Wordsmith, Qriously, ComparaBien, and ThingThing and Co invested with Balderton, Benchmark, Index, Atomico, Connect, Playfair, Kindred, Frontline, Backd, Cisco and Samsung.
In simple terms
We back big ideas from mission driven founders that obsess over product
We find that this is all a shortcut to:
- Finding product market fit quickly. Because you are so focused on producing something people want.
- Setting a great culture that will alway looks after your customers and keep demand as the world changes.
- Spending less on marketing as word of mouth slashes your acquisition costs.
- Creating lasting companies…founders built this way tend to stay around forever. Until the mission is done.
We are suckers for great products and great product people who put users at the heart of what they do.
Our favourite questions are “How often do you test?” and “how do you test”, we find our very best investments are when we are seduced as users.
These are some other things we care about:
We need to like each other
This is like a 10 year marriage and we can’t even get divorced (well, we can but its harder than a real life divorce).
Can you win?
There are so many deals at seed that it’s hard to know what will win. So we like to see either:
- Problems few people are solving. Mrs Wordsmith is creating a visual dictionary and Farewill is reinventing death)
2. An obvious potential moat — typically unique blend of talents brought together (Tech will Save Us), a full stack approach (Dojo) or a unique Dataset (Citymapper)
Can you think macro and micro?
We love it when founders can both ‘see round corners’ AND execute like a machine day to day micro. It’s rare.
Do you instinctively get brand?
This isn’t mandatory but very few in tech understand this as one of the biggest network effects you can have.
Hustle a referral from someone we trust if you think we’re a good fit ;) It’s invariably the best way.