Top 8 Interview Tips
Good Morning!! So if you’re anything like me and get nervous or you just freeze during interviews here are some tips that I hope will help you and push you to go on many more interviews.
- Research the Organization: Before going in for the interview you’re going to want to know about the company that’s interviewing you so you have some background information. This may turn into a reflection on how it is to work there.
2. Research the Role: Find out about what you’re going to be doing at this organization and see if it’s a good fit for you. When it comes time for the interview you can ask “What does a typical day/week look like here?”
3. Research Yourself: All employers want you to be self aware. Look at the things you achieved and how you achieved them. What are your weaknesses and strengths? Leadership skills? Willingness to work and flexibility?
4. Know you’re not Overdressed: Even if the job itself only requires casual dress, you should still dress up in an interview. It might not be necessary if you were the only candidate, but since there are probably several people interviewing, you want to stand out any way you can.
5. Sending a Thank You email: Same day or the day after you should send a thank you email to the potential manager. Make yourself known!
6. Don’t be afraid to follow up: Don’t expect a response from everyone you had an interview with. Don’t be afraid to send a follow up email asking the status of your application or you’re just following up on the interview you had. It shows that you’re interested.
7. Think outside the box: Don’t just stick to craigslist or one website where you keep applying. Consider a staffing agency, fax your resume to local places even if you’re unsure they’re hiring. Just put yourself out there!
8. Don’t get discouraged: Just because one company or two didn’t call you back doesn’t mean you stop trying. It’s pretty hard to find your dream job overnight. Don’t be too hard on yourself. And whether it takes two more or four to find something, YOU WILL find a great fit for you! I promise.
Tell me what your dream job is!