Dynamically updated as things progress
Thanks for joining me.
What I’ve been up to:
- Wrote a blog post about the task of refactoring an unstructured legacy codebase, which was my first task after being hired to work on Goldstone.
- Wrote a blog post about becoming a better engineer in the process of learning to work with Repetitive Stress Injury (RSI)
- Released my own React/Redux boilerplate for public use and open source collaboration. There used to be 1000 ways to set up React...Now there are 1001!
- Wrote a blog post about my positive experience with working on a remote software engineering team for over 2 years, and some of the cultural challenges remote workers face.
- Released an open source repository that handles the set up of a server to process PayPal / Amazon IPN notifications, log them in a database, email a customer if needed, and provide a simple UI to browse past transactions. (React / Node / Firebase)
- Published a project that helps a client organize their event data for preparing an annual calendar for the New York City School System.
- Wrote a blog post about the learning potential that comes from exploring new technologies, and applying new learning to old patterns.
- Wrote a blog post about preparing to return to full-time work, and starting my interview process with a company that is attempting to improve the process of technical interviews.
- Got hired by Hack Reactor as teaching assistant in the Structured Study Program! This is a program designed to take participants from beginners to Hack Reactor Immersive ready. Over 100 hours of live supported learning in a group setting using various online tools.
- Wrote a blog post about completing the Stanford University Machine Learning Course on Coursera.
This page will be updated , so if you would like to follow along with my journey, follow me here on Medium, or on Twitter. I will post updates on Medium, and tweet when this page is updated.
Current feeling of availability for employment: Currently working for Hack Reactor. See above.
Why am I primarily (if not exclusively) interested in remote employment?
After my previous two years of experience as a full-time remote software engineer, I am sold on the viability (and frankly, awesomeness) of the arrangement. I have documented my views and experiences in this blog post entitled “Thought balloons floating in a world full of needles.”
Would you like to contact me regarding remote employment opportunities?
• I have posted my updated resume here
• I’ve posted some representative answers to behavioral interview questions here