Wedding Fayre Information
Setting up a business will require market research, what better way than to attend some wedding fayre’s. Suss out what the competition offers and how you can fit into the market.
Wedding fayre’s happen across the course of the year. I feel like a fraud if I go to one now, therefore I have researched where you can attend them, what they offer and tips about them. The first fair I have found is in Dawlish on the 17th of April, the link is below.
The Dawlish Manor House Wedding Fair - 17th April 2016, 10:00am to 4:00pm - The Manor House - Organised by Diverse…www.weddingfairs.com
Most fairs are free to visit, you get free champagne and free goody bags. Fairs can be held at possible venues or in a general public space. It costs to be an exhibitor but that is obvious. It is great advertisement to exhibit at a fair, the pros are listed below some of which are banners, being listed on wedding fair directories and social media advertsing.
Below is a link to the PDF brochure for Dartington Hall.
Visiting photographers is early on the list therefore you must be on the ball with advertising. Some places even have photographers on file that have been used before.
Now for the tips for wedding fairs…
- Fairs that suit your style of photography
- Make sure you have business cards
- Use them as networking opportunities
- Make yourself stand out
- Advertise through social media
- Don’t expect sales on the day, just make sure couples have your contact details.
Wedding fairs and venue open days, what is the difference?
This blog post explains it all (link below)
Here at The Great Hall, during our busiest period after Christmas and New Year, we hold our annual Open Weekend. This…thegreathallatmains.wordpress.com
- A wedding fair involves many exhibitors, from far and wide. Useful for ideas but perhaps not finding the right venue.
- A open day/ open weekend shows a venue off to it’s full potential with no hassle from exhibitors.
- As a photographer you eould need to get on the list of people who the venues have worked with, this will mean you are trusted and will lead to more business.