MAD Token to ALCA Token Migration: FAQ
This is the final in a 3-part series written by Troy Salem, Vp of Engineering of AliceNet and Hunter Prendergast, CTO of AliceNet
- Q: Why are we migrating from MAD to ALCA?
- A: The ALCA token will be an integral part of the Alice ecosystem, and by holding and staking your ALCA, you can participate in the Alice governance system. Read more in our latest Medium article.
- Q: How will the migration work?
- A: The migration will happen through a web application that will assist all MAD Token holders through the process of swapping MAD to ALCA.
- Q: What will the conversion rate be?
- A: The initial conversion rate will be ~ 1.5 ALCA per 1 MAD. This multiplier will end at a certain time that has not yet been determined. The community and MAD token holders will be provided this date well in advance of the multiplier ending.
- Q: Will there be a Deadline for the conversion?
- A: There is no deadline to convert MAD to ALCA, meaning the migration will be possible in perpetuity. As previously mentioned, the multiplier will end at a certain time that has not yet been determined.
- Q: What is ALCA’s Maximum Token Supply?
- A: The maximum ALCA supply at the time of launch is 444M, which will increase over time to a total of 1B.
- Q: Where can I learn more about AliceNet?
- A: If you haven’t already, check out our migration blog post. We also want to encourage you to join the AliceNet discord, follow our AliceNet Update Telegram channel, and go through the new AliceNet website.