There once was a time when law enforcement were trained and encouraged to serve and protect citizens. That is no longer the case. Today, citizens are enemy no. 1, and each is “guilty” of a crime whether they’ve done something or not. If you have a lawyer, the first thing they’ll probably tell you is don’t trust police. They are not there to help you. They are there to arrest you by almost any means possible.
One of the biggest mistakes people make happens when they are stopped at sobriety checkpoints (or pulled over by an officer who is suspicious they’ve been drinking) and agree to take a field sobriety test (fst) or a breathalyzer. Do not take either! Even if you haven’t had anything to drink!
- You are not required by law to take them
- Whether you’ve been drinking or not, you’ve just given the government evidence that WILL be used against you in a court of law.
- Police officers can, and oftentimes, will lie.
- They are encouraged to arrest citizens and are rewarded by the number of arrests they make
- They are not there to help you, there are there to incriminate you
How to handle a stop:
- Politely refuse to take the FST and breathalyzer with “no thank you sir”.
- Comply by showing them your license and registration
- Do not be smug.
- Do not make sudden movements.
- Keep your hands outside of your pockets. Contrary to the now popular belief that police only victimize African Americans, you are in JUST AS MUCH danger of being shot no matter what your race is. Remember, we are all possible “criminals” in their eyes.
- Do not say anything other than “yes sir” or “no sir”. Absolutely don’t say anything to the police as it will be used against you
- Do not let their threats scare you into taking a test, remain calm, and again refuse
- Do not threaten them back
- Do not do anything or say anything that will come across patronizing
- Consent to a blood test if the officer can obtain a warrant
We live in a very scary age, where military-trained police can get away with murder and are often rewarded for victimizing citizens, our court systems are not there for our safety and strip away our rights on a regular basis and normal, everyday people are in danger of being arrested the moment they step out of their homes.
If you are a history buff, then you understand that the moment a people allows all of the power to be distributed to a central government and police state, you end up with a very scary system that is no longer for the people. All you need to do is look back at previous empires, monarchies and governments.
Arm yourself with knowledge of the law and your rights. Do everything you can to ensure that you are ready if you are stopped. Too many people, good people, have been wrongfully put behind bars, their lives ruined, their jobs snatched away from them, or worse, killed, because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
The injustice must stop. It’s high time the people of the United States stood together, put aside their differences, and force the courts to enact laws that protect citizens and take away the power from our current Police State.