When planning a private event, it is easy to get overwhelmed with all the details. A bit of planning ahead of time can help to take the stress out of planning. Here is a list to help get you started.
Are you suddenly in charge of planning a private event and have no idea where to start? Not to worry, here we list everything a beginner needs to think about to plan a memorable event.
- Understand What Your Event Is For
It helps to know what and who the focus of your event is. A 16th birthday party requires different planning than a business awards dinner. Know your event and what your goals are. You also need to know the necessary information, such as:
- The Number of Guests — The number of guests that you need to accommodate will help you pick your venue.
- Dining requirements — Is it a stand-up cocktail reception, buffet breakfast, or full-sit down meal? What dietary restrictions do your guests have? Any special needs? Make sure you find out about any special requirements and pass them on to your trusted private event catering company.
- Time of Day — This will also determine the type of food and type of event.
- Date of the Event — Be sure to choose a date and time that does not conflict with other major cultural events or industry events.
2. Plan Your Budget
It may not sound fun, but having a clear sense of your budget will help in your decision-making for your event. Make sure you include often forgotten things like taxes, tips, and any party favor you want to provide. These little things can add up to a lot at the end of the day.
3. Start Your Planning Early
Many venues and vendors get booked up months, if not years in advance. To avoid disappointment, book your venue and essential vendors as early as possible. It also makes planning more manageable to start as soon as possible and divide your planning, so you aren’t scrambling for everything at the last minute. Focus on your essential party elements first: venue, food, entertainment.
When you are considering a venue, be sure you find a space large enough to safely accommodate your group, and be sure the venue is taking precautions for social distancing.
4. Decide on Your Catering
Many venues come with an in house caterer to create the food for the events. Be sure to talk to the caterer and make sure they can provide what you need and understand what kind of event you are hosting. Some venues you will need to hire your own luxury event Toronto catering company. Find one that can work within your budget and get creative with your event food.
5. Decide on How You Want Things to Look
Picking a theme for the event can help you focus your activities and help make decisions for decor, entertainment, and special surprises throughout the event.
6. Don’t Forget Transportation
Many event planners focus on what happens at the event, but don’t forget, getting there and getting back are also part of the experience. Hire a party bus to transport guests to your venue. Bus service in Toronto by Parkinson Coach can help your guests relax, so they don’t need to worry about driving — especially for out of town guests, and you can be sure everyone gets home safely after your event is over.