All the details about JEE Main 2017
JEE Main 2017 is only 6 months away and the tension is building up. JEE Main 2017 will be conducted by CBSE and its expected more than 12 lakh students will appear for JEE Main 2017. The date has been tentatively decided as on April 2017 proceeding with JEE Advanced on 21st May, 2017. The Application form for JEE Main will be available online but the exam will be held in both modes: Online & Offline.
The students who wish to pursue B.Tech or B.Arch can apply for JEE Main 2017 and carry forward their dream to become one successful engineer or Architecture. Before all that, all the students need to understand the basic eligibility criteria and all other important and relevant details.
Appearing for JEE Main 2017 is the first step towards entering IIT or other reputed institute. From this year onwards the 60:40 weightage as also been scrapped. There shall be no weightage for the 12th marks in calculating the ranks in the JEE Main Examination. Although, Eligibility Criteria for qualified candidates has been modified for admission purposes as follows
Candidates must have secured at least 75% in their class XII or must have come in the top 20 percentile in their respective school boards.
For SC/ST candidates the percentage to be considered is 65%.
As for the important dates regarding JEE Main 2017,
1. Online Application starts on December 2016
2. Last date to submit online application is in January 2017
3. Last date to pay application fee through debit/credit card will be in January 2017
4. Also, students paying through challan need to clear due by January 2017
5. Admit cards will be available from March 2017
6. JEE Main Offline Exam — First week of April
7. JEE Main Online Exam — Second Week of April
8. Answer key will be out in April 2017
9. The Result will be declared by the last week of April, 2017
10. Counselling starts from July, 2017.
All the students who want to prepare for JEE Main 2017 and excel in the exam should start putting hard work and determined efforts now to succeed in the exam. There are many tips and tricks which one can follow to understand and remember formulas. Since that is one of the most problematic area which most of the students face.
Also, one can start doing self-study to get hold of all the ideas and concepts. JEE Main is all about completing the paper on time and making the most correct answers to avoid negative marking.