Leveraging Information Technology for Transforming Organizations
Written By Sajid A. khan
Published On August 29, 2018
The demands of the new computerized economy have made information technology more fundamental to business accomplishment than any time in recent history. Information technology empowers business change, helping associations contend, develop, and advance. Despite the fact that data innovation has made significant advancements from its conventional introduction of authoritative help towards a more key part inside an organization, associations can augment the present opportunities to wind up a change creator and convey needs of the business.
Role of Information Technology in Transforming Organizations
Organizations today need to be more dynamic and up to date to be able to adapt with the new challenges. The digital age has enabled more competitors to emerge. This is why identifying a digital transformation strategy should always be a paramount consideration for businesses.
The role of IT is very important in transforming organizations. Here are some of the advantages for businesses when they are able to execute an efficient IT transformation strategy:
1) The smooth flow of information. IT transformation strategies played a vital role in organizing the flow of information to make teams more efficient in delivering projects. IT transformation strategies enable organizations to have centralized data centers making it simpler to store and retrieve data. The smooth flow of information is vital for the horizontal and vertical dissemination of information and feed-backing.
2) Proper data management. IT innovation has also brought a more effective way to manage data with the help of database software. It secures important data to give access to only the key persons in an organization while making sure that the information needed by team members are made easily available..
3) Efficient collaboration. Since IT transformation tools allow a smooth flow of information among team members, the organization is able to provide an environment conducive for collaboration and stronger teamwork. Thus, group decisions are made easier and faster.
4) Support for managers. One of the digital tools available through IT is the executive information system that allows leaders to view information from various angles, making sure all corners are covered. In this way, organizational leaders can identify problems and execute decisions once needed.
5) The increased growth rate for businesses. With a seamless exchange of information, fast-paced trade of goods and services, IT expands markets and human resource for organizations. For instance, digital marketing has helped various organizations to reach their potential markets. The ease of doing business in the digital age also increases customer satisfaction and product or service development.
Challenges and Perks of Business Transformation in Information Technology
Most leaders are driven by the demand to make the workplace more efficient and maximize resources. But the IT industry is also faced with many challenges, including cyber security and privacy issues. Among the top challenges faced by businesses today are the security, infrastructure management, cost of technology, transformation and innovation as new technology emerges, skills challenges, regulatory compliance, project management and virtualization.
As technology advances, customers are harder to please, and organizations have a hard time to cope with the increasing demand and workload. But better IT solutions and tools cost a lot for some organizations. The security risks are also growing with technology change.
Digital transformation consulting is often a needed step for organizations to stay up to date of the latest strategies they can adapt, not only keep up with the digital trends but ensure they can meet the clients’ needs. But adopting a sound IT transformation strategy does not come overnight. It is a product of a commitment to learn and strive for excellence amid various hurdles.
How much does IT Affect Business Transformation and in what ways?
It is no doubt that IT strategies paired with the highly skilled human resource are a perfect match for the success of organizations. However, it also comes with risks and additional cost for organizations.
While IT opens up to untapped markets, through digital marketing, organizations need to equip their teams with various tools that will enable workers to have a more coordinated workplace. At its core, IT’s basic elements include hardware devices and software. But these elements need to be updated as years go by to catch up with the latest fixes needed to resolve issues or to increase memory storage.
The utilization of the latest technologies also requires training and skills updating for staff. Organizations should always make sure that there are resources allotted for the need to upgrade software and human resource skill.
If an organization neglects the need to cope with the advances in technology, clients will surely prefer better organizations. Every organization promise to deliver results, but the question is — who can deliver quality output now? Surely, those with the proper digital tools and knowledge have the edge over their competitors.
The importance of IT in transforming organizations into a more reliable entity is already a given. Organizations should be able to identify a business transformation strategy that will give the edge to their members in boosting productivity. But the success of companies does not only rely on the most advanced digital tools. An organization’s drive to improve and achieve excellence through teamwork and the will to provide a cost-efficient solution to clients remain vital for thriving in the digital age.
Originally published at blog.microagility.com on August 29, 2018.