This policy covers how SpoofCard treats personal information that SpoofCard collects and receives, including via all related websites, networks, embeddable widgets, downloadable software, and mobile applications (including tablet applications), and other services provided by us and on which a link to this Policy is displayed (collectively, our “Service”). This includes information related to your past use of SpoofCard products and services, and information about you that is personally identifiable-such as your name, address, email address, IP address and phone number.
What Information Do We Collect?
We generally act as the data controller of your information, We collect the following types of information.
- Information You Provide. When you register for or use the Service, SpoofCard.com collects what is generally called “personally identifiable information,” “personal information,” or “personal data.” All these terms refer to information that specifically relates to or identifies a particular individual. Personal information also includes information that when linked to other information identifies a specific individual. When you register, we ask for a limited amount of personal information, including but not limited to, your phone number and payment information. When you sign into our Service, you are not anonymous to us. SpoofCard also collects information about your transactions with us, including information about your use of our Service.
- “Cookies” Information. When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies — small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Consult your device’s web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
- “Automatically Collected” Information. If you consent, when you use the Service, we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs” or APIs. This “automatically collected” information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users.
- Location Information. If you use our Service, we may receive your generic location (such as city or neighborhood) or, with your consent, precise geographic location data from your mobile device when the app is running and when it is not running. We may, for example, receive this information when you are in proximity to certain beacons, choose to publish your location, or in your comments or communications with us. We may use and store this information to provide and improve features of our Service, for example, to tailor our Service in order to better facilitate your requests and to provide you more relevant information about callers.
- Integrated Services. You may be given the option to access or register for the Service through the use of your user name and passwords for certain services provided by third parties (each, an “Integrated Service”), such as through the use of your Facebook account, or otherwise have the option to authorize an Integrated Service to provide personal information or other information to us. By authorizing us to connect with an Integrated Service, you authorize us to access and store your personal information that the Integrated Service makes available to us, including your name and email address, and to use and disclose such information in accordance with this Policy. You should check your privacy settings on each Integrated Service to understand and change the information sent to us through each Integrated Service. Please review each Integrated Service’s terms and privacy policies carefully before using their services and connecting to our Service.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information, including personal information, from third parties and sources other than the Service, such as our partners, advertisers, customers, and Integrated Services. If we combine or associate information from other sources with personal information that we collect through the Service, we will treat the combined information as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
What Are the Legal Bases for Our Collection of Information?
We collect and process your personal data using one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Performance of a contract;
- Compliance with a legal obligation;
- Legitimate interest; and Your consent.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use the information we collect in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users.
- We use the information that we collect to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- We may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information to: (i) personalize our Service, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Service; (iv) monitor aggregate website and mobile app usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Service.
Sharing Or Disclosing Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business. We DO NOT sell customer information. We share or disclose customer information only as described below. Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information that we collect on the Service to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- We work with third party service providers that provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, data transmission, data processing, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. However, we limit the personal information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions. In addition, they agree by contract to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) ) to monitor network traffic or activity in order to detect protect you, ourselves or others from malware, fraud, unlawful uses or other illegal activity, (ii) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, or functionality available through the Service.
- We may share information with third parties for their own marketing purposes, which are subject to the separate privacy policies of such third parties. We will do this on the basis of your consent, where required by law, and if not required by law on the basis of our legitimate interests in sharing data with our partners so that we can help you see offers and services which are most relevant to you. To learn more about your choices related to how we share your information with third parties, please see the Your Choices section below.
- In addition, we have implemented on our website, the app and the Service certain Google Analytics features. Visitors to our websites may opt out of certain types of Google Analytics tracking, customize the Google Display Network ads by using the Google Ad Preferences Manager and learn more about how Google serves ads by viewing its Customer Ads Help Center. If you do not wish to participate in Google Analytics, you may also download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state or federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information when we believe, in good faith, that disclosure is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service or any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
Information Retention Policy
If you hold an account with SpoofCard, we do not delete the data in your account — you are responsible for and control the time periods for which you retain this data. However, except when we believe we are required to retain your personal information by law, beginning on May 25, 2018, we will only retain your personal information for two years after we become aware that you have ceased using the Service. We may not know if you have stopped using the Service so we encourage you to contact us at support@SpoofCard.com if you are no longer using the Service. We may retain other information that is not personally identifiable for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate interest in doing so.
You may access, change or delete personal information that you have provided or that we hold about you. If we change or delete your personal information or if you decline to actively share certain personal information with us, we may not be able to provide to you the Service or some of the features and functionality of the Service. In addition, you may request that we not disclose your personal information to third parties (other than those that are acting as our agent to perform tasks related to the Service on our behalf, such as data processors). If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt out of receiving commercial email from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time by clicking here. Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us during that period. Additionally, even after you opt out of receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service. You may withdraw consent to certain data sharing or usage or exercise any of these rights above by sending your request to us by email at Support@SpoofCard.com or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy.
- The right to data portability. This means that you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and that you have the right to transmit that data to another controller; If you are a user of the Service in the European Union or certain other countries, you have certain additional legal rights with regard to your information, including those identified below. Some of these rights may be subject to some exceptions or limitations. We will respond to your request to exercise these rights within a reasonable time (and in all cases within 30 days of receiving a request).
- The right to object to profiling;
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; and Data portability rights
SpoofCard does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell products for purchase by adults, although they may be used by children. If you are under 18, you may use the SpoofCard.com website and service only with the permission and involvement of a parent or guardian.
Confidentiality And Security
SpoofCard limits internal access to your personal information to employees who we reasonably believe require this information in order to do their jobs or to provide products and services to you. We use industry standard measures to help protect the integrity and security of personal information that we collect and maintain. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
International Users and Data Transfers
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States as well as users located outside of the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Notice to California Users
Under Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80, a user residing in the State of California has the right to request from us a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed personal information during the preceding year for direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose such information for direct marketing purposes, and so no such list exists. For questions about this policy, please contact us at support@SpoofCard.com. We do not obey Do Not Track signals from a user’s Internet browser. We make no representations concerning third parties that do not collect personal information directly through the Website. These disclosures are made under Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 22575.