Agile development model is a type of incremental model. Agile software is developed in rapid and incremental cycles resulting in small incremental releases. Each release is thoroughly tested to ensure that software quality is maintained. Agile software development is a process for developing software. Agile development model is used for time critical applications. The most well-known agile development life cycle model is Extreme Programming (XP).
Experts from QMS Academy are telling about the advantages of Agile Model:
- Customer satisfaction is gained by continuous and rapid delivery of useful software.
- In person face-to-face conversation is the best form of communication.
- It enables regular adaptation to changing circumstances.
- Enhances daily co-operation between developers and business people.
- Even late modifications in requirements are welcomed.
- Continuous attention is given to good design and technical excellence.
- Working software is delivered frequently.
Agile model is used in various situations. When there are new changes that need to be implemented, agile model is used. The freedom agile gives to change is very significant. New changes can be implemented at very little cost because of the frequency of new increments that are produced.Agile model is also used to implement a new feature.The developers need to lose only the work of few days or even few hours to roll back and implement the new feature.In agile model, very limited planning is required to get started with the project unlike the waterfall model. Agile acknowledges the fact that needs of end users are constantly changing in IT and business world. Changes can be discussed and features can be newly affected or removed based on feedback. This provides the customers with the finished system they want or need.
QMS Academy is a group of professionals and experts who provide several open-house and corporate trainings, being agile one of them.