Below are some somewhat-randomly-selected pieces of my prior professional writing. These span many years, and my current thinking about some topics has evolved, but it’s a decent sampler of some of the more interesting pieces.
On (Interaction) Design/UX
- UX for Devs Manifesto
- A UX Book List
- What is the Medium of Interaction Design?
- Interaction Design is Creative and Synthetic
- Intuitive is a Bad Word in Design
- Design Does Not Mean Sitting in a Room
- When to Listen to Customers
- Balancing Design Values
- Yes, Ditch Traditional Wireframes, But Not For Code
- Object Thinking Domain Model Example
- The Timeless Way is Agile
- What is a Domain Model?
- I Object
- Purporting the Potence of Process
- Web Services Best Practices
- Creating Software is Not Like Building
- Just Do It! or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Job
- Software as a Biological Ecosystem
- One System to Rule Them All — Managing Complexity with Complexity
- Sorting Custom Collections
- The Perfect Service (Part 1)
- In Defense of Stored Procedures