Newbie Dev Tips
Let me know your thoughts ❤
- Developer tools — Developers use this every single day…it’s awesome and super helpful, and smart devs know how to utilise it!
- Text editor — Every dev has their fave one…they have tonnes of downloadable extras to help you create the perfect development playground!
- Github — version control, collaboration with other devs, and code sharing… so many great projects and people!
- Open source — Shared projects, diverse inputs, inspirational outputs… the spirit that makes the Web great!
- Stack Overflow — A developer’s encyclopaedia… a good dev will spend time every day searching online for the best answers!
- Readable code — Writing code and commenting for other devs in your team to read… hugely important for a happy developer environment!
- HTML = structure, CSS = style — Very important to keep in mind… see CSS Zen Garden for the best depiction of this!
- Devs aren’t perfect — Even the super-super smart ones… everyone has gaps in their knowledge, and there are definitely things you can teach them too!
- Networking — meetups, workshops, pair-programming, clubs, events… doesn’t matter where, but it matters that you do it (good things happen)!
- Learning — This is key to enjoying development work… learn, create, share, repeat!
Also published on my site.