Student Volunteer Week — BelEve
We empower, inspire and educate girls and young women in identifying their aspirations, whilst encouraging them to Be the Best they Can Be, whilst Loving the Me they see.
BelEve UK is a Social Enterprise that’s passionate about Inspiring Change, Education and Empowering Growth. We support girls and young women through high quality engaging and outcome-focused activities; enabling and enriching their lives with a goal setting approach. We also advocate that anything is possible when you believe in yourself.
At Beleve we:
- Provide face to face impartial Information, Advice and Guidance to girls’ and young women; especially those who are Vulnerable; to Inform, Inspire and Motivate Change.
- Contribute to the reduction of the NEET population, teenage pregnancies, youth crime and social exclusion through positive prevention and intervention projects; facilitating the process for young women to gain the right skills to be able to reflect and improve confidence, alongside increased experience and opportunities to progress in Education or the Workplace and the ability to make informed decisions alongside leading a healthy life.
- Work in Partnership with other agencies and service providers; especially Schools, Youth Services, Health and Employment agencies to maximise positive outcomes for girls and young women.
- Work with Local Business to increase recruitment opportunities for young women; whilst reducing the disconnect between the skills our young women are gaining and those that Local Businesses require.
BEAM programme is built to empower and inspire girls and young women in identifying their aspirations alongside gaining the right skills and experience to enhance their possibility. Included in the programme is mentoring, volunteering and work experience if required.
- Managing feelings (SELF-AWARENESS AND SELF BELIEF)
- Communication (EXPRESSING, PRESENTING AND DELIVERING)
- Resilience & Determination (A SENSE OF PURPOSE, SELF DISCIPLINE AND MANAGING FEELINGS)
- Relationships & Leadership (POSITIVE FRIENDSHIPS , MANAGE CONFLICTS )
- Planning and Problem Solving (FORWARD THINKING, SETTING AND ACHIEVING GOALS).