The message is very close at hand; it is on your lips and in your heart. And that message is the very message about faith that we preach: If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. Romans 10:8–10
The faith way:
Believe in your heart
- Makes you right with God, leads to right living.
2. Confess with your mouth
- Saves you, leads you to a glorious destiny in Christ for all of eternity.
The fleshy way:
1. Doubt the work of the Cross and depend on yourself instead
- Makes you right in your own eyes, leads to death.
Use your brain to chase after man-made ideas instead of your mouth to confess
- Elevates yourself above God, leads to everlasting destruction.
Human flesh is the disease that causes eternal death. Faith in God is the gift that gives eternal life. Human flesh demands glory to man. Faith willingly and thankfully gives glory to God alone. Faith’s way is always better.
Faith’s way is always better.