Are you getting ready to pack all your things and move to college and start another chapter in your life?
If yes, then the following article is for you.
Now college is a completely different story than your typical high school. You are away from home and you would want your dorms to feel as much ‘like home’ as possible. Therefore, I bring you the ‘ultimate’ list of things you would want to bring to your college.
- A set of extra pillows and blankets- In college, most of the time you are going to be tired and your bed is going to be your best friend. So, it is important to make it as comfy as possible. Now, when you’re always on your bed, it has some cons too. In college, you are going to have a lot of late-night snacks like ramen and chances are you are going to spill it.
- Ferry lights or a lamp- Now, ferry lights are small but have a much bigger impact on the overall room than you can imagine. From making your room look much more pleasant to create a calming effect. Look, if you don’t believe me try it out for yourself — https://amzn.to/2MmvfpI You are definitely going to love the ferry light effect.
- Some kitchenware- You would require a set of bowls, spoons, forks, and other essentials. I mean, how else are you supposed to eat all your late-night snacks? And make sure to get a microwaveable bowl.
- Earbuds or noise-canceling headphones- With all the hustle and bustle of college life, you would need some ‘me-time’. It is a proven fact that relaxing increases productivity. So, give yourself some time to chill & listen to some music & relax. Here are some good options for you: https://amzn.to/2Z9a7F6 https://amzn.to/2Nblz0I https://amzn.to/2MlvFN7
- Backpack & umbrella- If you are about to shift to a place with a lot of rain, then it is better to buy a waterproof backpack & an umbrella as you don’t want your laptops & books to get wet.
- Eye-patch for sleeping- It is for people who can not sleep with the lights on and in college, there are times when your roommate might be burning the midnight oil and you want to have a nap but you can’t because of all the light in the room.
- Coffee mugs- When I went to college, I took so much stuff but the one thing I forgot was- coffee mugs. Without coffee, my life was dull & stressful. I want to spare you from the nightmare, so take your coffee mugs with you.
- A good water bottle- With all the coffee and tea intake, you need water. Students, you can not function well without water. Also, invest in a good flask that does not leak.
- Laundry hampers- You would need a place to keep all your dirty laundry.
- Candles- Candles are an awesome way to change the whole ambiance. With your favorite scented candles, you make your room feel like your home. Candles also help in relaxing, feeling calm & energized.
- First-aid kit- You would need a bandage, in case you got a paper cut while reading all those books.
- An extension cord- With all those electronics, you need some extra plugs. At my time in college, I used the Belkin 4 socket extension board which worked amazing and was better than most of the cheap-ass boards available. They don’t last very long and could also harm your electronics. So, why not invest in something better. Here you can check the Belkin extension board https://amzn.to/2YVTRMz
- Garbage bags- With all that junk accumulated, you need a garbage bag.
- Pen drive- In college, for all those print outs, you would need a pen drive or a flash drive. This is the one I used — https://amzn.to/2MlCLB6