day 125 — code 365
Fri 15 Apr 2016
WDI Week 8 (Day 40)
What we did today:
- Burning Airlines — Demos
- Project 2 — Proposals
Some awesome implementations of burning airlines:
- CSS seats, plane hull
- aisles, responsive to number of columns
- dark grey cloudy, clean UI
- airports in drop down menus
- nice styling for select drop down element
- using (‘element’).offset().top to position exit signs!
- using ranges in Ruby to generate seed data
- using errors in Rails to check if a seat is already taken (backend validation) to take into account the delay between client (browser) and the database
I’m in a group of 3 for Project 2 — we’re going to be building a web application tentatively called BuddyUP. We want to connect people who want to achieve a certain goal — eg. losing weight — to someone else in the world who wants to achieve that same goal!
We did some brainstorming, sketched out our models and associations on paper, and created a new Rails app and GitHub repo.
We’re going to spend this weekend doing more reading and research — and attempt to do this collaboratively online. We’ve set up a shared notebook on Evernote, a shared channel on Slack… onwards!
Thanks for stopping by!