Become a Computer Vision Artist, Automated ML with Auto Keras, DeepMind’s FREE Dataset, and more Machine Learning Resources!
Welcome to another week of Analytics Vidhya’s popular AVBytes round-up, fresh off the press! We have a thrilling line-up of machine learning and deep learning articles and resources for you here — no data scientist will want to miss these.
Highlights from the past week: It was a Keras dominated week. Stanford’s ‘Outpainting’ algorithm will make you a computer vision artist, perform automated machine learning for FREE with Auto-Keras, OpenAI’s robot hand and DeepMind’s approach could lead us to Artificial General Intelligence, and many other developments below!
Like what you see? Subscribe here to get get a daily dose of AVBytes delivered straight to your inbox!
Click on each title to read the full article.
- Auto-Keras — A Must-Use Open Source Python Package for Automated Machine Learning!: Automated machine learning is gaining popularity. Non-technical folks are able to leverage the power of ML but with a caveat — most of these Auto ML tools are paid. Not anymore! Here is Auto-Keras, an open source library for all data scientists and non-technical people to perform Auto ML!
- Quicksilver — A Natural Language Processing System that Writes Wikipedia Entries: Quicksilver is a NLP system that can write Wikipedia entries on it’s own! It uses signals, correlation, cross-referencing scraping and other techniques to generate text entries. This article looks at how it was built, how it works, and where it’s currently being used.
- DeepMind Open Source Dataset to Measure the Reasoning Ability of Neural Networks: How do neural networks perform on reasoning tests? That’s what DeepMind attempted to measure in what has turned out to be a very interesting research. Download their dataset and go through their research paper — it’s a must-read for any machine learning enthusiast or practitioner!
- Become a Computer Vision Artist with Stanford’s Game Changing ‘Outpainting’ Algorithm (with GitHub link): Stanford’s game changing algorithm estimates and imagines what an existing image might look like beyond what can be seen. Called ‘outpainting’, you can try it out on your own machine thanks to a pretrained model open sourced on GitHub! Become a computer vision artist today!
- Dactyl — OpenAI’s Robot Hand trained itself without any Human Learning (Video + Research Paper): Did OpenAI just take a step towards artificial general intelligence (AGI)? They have designed a system, Dactyl, that powers a robot hand which trains on it’s own, without any human learning! Incredible video and research paper link included in this article.
- A Brilliant Example of How Automated Deep Learning is Reshaping the Healthcare Analytics Industry: Here’s a wonderful use case of automated deep learning wherein researchers have designed a model that could change the way the healthcare industry works. The ROC metric for their research was over 91%! We list down the details of the model in this article.
- An AI Algorithm Detects your Personality by analyzing your Eye Movement!: Here’s another mind blowing application that AI has extended to — now you can detect and read one’s personality by just reading their eye movement using an algorithm!
The above AVBytes were published from 30th July to 5th August, 2018.
Which article or library did you find the most useful as a data scientist? Let us know in the comments section.