IMPROVING FOOD HABITS
Child hood obesity is currently at highest recent statistics show that 16% of children between the ages 6 to 11 are over weight and about 14 % are at risk of becoming over weight .
These changes happen due to consumption or over consumption of JUNK FOODS and SOFT DRINKS .
The proportion of food that the children consumed from restaurants and fast food outlets is increasing every day and consumption of soft drinks is also increased .
And as we know when it comes to eating . we have some strong habits .some are good and some are not good .although many of our food habits were established during child hood ,it does not mean that its to late to change them
NOW COMES THE REFLECT,REPLACE ,REINFORCE:A PROCESS FOR IMPROVING YOUR FOOD HABITS
- CREATE A LIST OF YOUR EATING HABITS
- HIGHLIGHT THE HABITS
- LOOK AT YOUR UNHEALTHY EATING HABITS
- CREATE A LIST OF “CUES”
- CIRCLE THE “CUES” ON YOUR LIST THAT YOU FACE ON A DAILY OR WEEKLY BASIS
- ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTIONS FOR EACH CUE YOU HAVE CIRCLED
- REPLACE UNHEALTHY HABITS WITH NEW HEALTHY ONES
- REINFORCE YOUR NEW , HEALTHY HABITS AND BE PATIENT WITH YOURSELF.
So these are the 8 POINTS from which you can improve your FOOD HABITS