My Perfect Spanish-Language Playlist
The first CD I ever owned was “On the 6” by Jennifer Lopez. I remember playing the songs over and over, memorizing every word. To this day, it’s one of my favorite albums. I like to think that this album was my first taste of Spanish-language music — but this was only the beginning. From two Spanish songs from that CD, to a whole genre in my iTunes library, I’ve compiled a list of my favorite songs in Spanish over the years, and you can find it here:
- “No Me Ames” by Jennifer Lopez, featuring Marc Anthony: The first Spanish song that I remember listening to — a duet that made me think about what true love really meant.
2. “Más Que Tu Amigo” by Marco Antonio Solís: The lyrics of this song are easy to understand, but are deep: “tonight there is no moonlight, but you illuminate it (the sky) more.” It’s a lighthearted song about wanting a relationship to be more than just a simple friendship.
3. “Piensas (Dile La Verdad)” by Pitbull, featuring Gente de Zona: Whether you like Pitbull or not, you can’t deny that this song is extremely catchy and will make you want to dance. Don’t deny it!
4. “Nunca Te Olvidaré” by Enrique Iglesias: Old school Enrique! I think this is from before he became famous in the States. This is a song about eternal love — no matter the circumstance, the love will always last.
7. “Baila Casanova” by Paulina Rubio: This is such a fun song, and there’s an English version as well! I remember listening to it in my mom’s car when I was younger. That version is alright, but honestly, the Spanish one is much better ☺
8. “Adiós” by Ricky Martin: This song is not only extremely catchy, but the music video looks like it was so much fun to film! Plus Ricky Martin is extremely handsome!
9. “La Tortura” by Shakira, featuring Alejandro Sanz: Wow, just wow. No other words!
10. “Nota de Amor” by Wisin & Carlos Vives: This is a recent favorite; it is the perfect spring/summer song, an awesome addition to my Spain Summer Playlist!
11. “6AM” by J Balvin, featuring Farruko: If “The Hangover” had a musical counterpart, this is it.
12. “Bailando” by Paradisio: I grew up listening to this song; whenever I listen to it, nostalgia sweeps over! I swear I was born a decade late — I love Eurodance like this!
13. “Propuesta Indecente” by Romeo Santos: Definitely the most sensual song on this list, hello!
14. “Adrenalina” by Wisin: This is a quintessential summertime song — I’ll be dancing to this on the plane for sure.
15. “Noche Y De Día” by Enrique Iglesias: The most perfect successor to “Bailando” — according to iTunes, I’ve listened to this song 132 times already!
Notable Mentions: “El Perdón” by Nicky Jam & Enrique Iglesias, “La Gozadera” by Gente de Zona & Marc Anthony, “Juntos” by Juanes, “Bailando por Ahi” by Juan Magan, “Nathalie” by Julio Iglesias, “Llorando se fue” by Los Kjarkas