Introducing Anchor Cohosts: the easiest way to find someone to record your podcast with
Today we’re introducing a brand new feature that seamlessly matches you up with other podcasters who like talking about the same things that you do. Like all of Anchor’s features, it’s completely free and available right now in our iOS and Android apps. There’s simply never been an easier way to find a cohost for your podcast.
Everybody is passionate about something. Whether it’s foreign films, sushi, politics, or baseball, there’s probably something you can talk about forever. At Anchor, we’ve always wanted to make it really easy for people to talk about the things they love and be heard by people all over the world.
Earlier this year we launched Anchor 3.0, giving people everything they need to make a great podcast — including easy creation tools, one-touch distribution, and new ways to interact with listeners — all in one place. But what if you need someone to record your podcast with? That’s a question we hear from people a lot, and it’s exactly where Cohosts comes in.
Finding a cohost for your next podcast episode is simple. Just pick a topic you want to talk about, and we’ll match you with someone else who chose the same thing. It’s that easy!
Here’s how it works:
- Pick a topic from the home screen, or add your own custom topic! It could be something broad, like politics, or something hyper-specific to your podcast, like Stephen King novels
- We’ll find you a cohost who’s interested in talking about the same topic and connect you
- We’ll give you 30 seconds to introduce yourselves and decide how you want to kick off your conversation, and then recording will automatically start
- Record with your cohost for up to 15 minutes
- You’ll both get a copy of your recording, and can publish your conversation to your podcasts right away or add it to an episode later
If you love recording with this particular cohost, you can always record with them again later with our Record With Friends feature. It doesn’t have a time limit and lets you record with anyone, anywhere in the world, any time you want.
Give it a try, who knows — you might make a friend, or find the Regis to your Kelly, the Donny to your Marie, the Cher to your Sonny, the Ren to your Stimpy, you get the idea. Either way, you’ll definitely have an interesting conversation. We can’t wait to hear what you and your next cohost come up with!
Try Cohosts now by downloading the free Anchor app for iOS or Android. Already tried this new feature? We’d love to hear what you think! You can always find us on Anchor, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, the Anchor Community Facebook Group, and via email. Happy podcasting!