7 Benefits of Baby Wearing + All Seasons 360 Ergonomic Baby Carrier Review
***Disclosure — This blog post is sponsored by Lumiere Baby. All thoughts, opinions and my love for the product are all my own. #lumierebaby #UNIVERSALbabycarrier #ergonomicbabycarrier #bestbabycarrier***
My daughter, Madison, has always loved to be worn. As a newborn the only way I was able to clean, cook or finish anything around my house, was by wearing Madison in a baby wrap. Now that she’s a toddler, I still baby wear her often. We live a very active lifestyle and love to go on walks or hikes around the island. It’s so much easier and safer to wear Madison while leaving both hands free. The benefits are endless to baby wearing, but here are seven amazing benefits!
- Two hands are better than one (or none) — Baby wearing allows parents hands to be free. You’re giving your baby or toddler the attachment they crave, while also allowing yourself a little bit of freedom to clean or complete other tasks. My daughter wanted to constantly be held. So babywearing allowed me to still be active while also having her close to me.
- Promotes Attachment — Baby wearing enforces a strong parent/child bond by securing a strong belief of trust in the parent from the child. It also allows the parent to quickly and easily meet the child’s needs. Baby wearing is something can be done by any caregiver of baby (mom, dad, etc) to help create a strong bond.
- Encourages Emotional Development — Babies and toddlers can benefit from interacting at eye-level with others. By being at eye-level little ones are also able to discover and learn more about the world around them. Experiences with people and the environment around them help their brain grow and develop. Worn babies often develop a vocabulary more quickly than babies who are not worn.
- Encourages Positive Health — Baby carriers are easier to breastfeed in when Mom is out and about. Close contact can also help you understand baby’s feeding cues better. Also, wearing baby upright after a feeding can also help ease the discomfort of acid reflux. Madison had awful acid reflux, so I wish I’d known this prior to her outgrowing it.
- Carried Babies are Happier Babies — Studies have shown that babies who are carried or worn, cry 40–50% less than those who are not worn.
- Promotes Physical Activity for Parents — Baby wearing allows parents to be more physically active. Whether they are just going for a walk or doing yoga, baby wearing helps parents go hands free so they can get a workout in.
- Allows Naps — While out and about baby wearing allows your little one to take a nap when needed without having to stop what you’re doing. I love taking Madison on hikes with friends but sometimes we’re not always able to go around her nap time. If we’re out on a hike and Madison is tired, so can easily fall asleep while I’m baby wearing her.