Track Daily TripAdvisor Ranking changes and comments in a Google Spreadsheet with Google Apps Scripts
Recently I wondered what’s the best way for me to track my TripAdvisor property (Allure Caramel Hotel by Karisma) ranking changes and the number of comments on a daily basis.
I imagined something like this.
This is the setup I came up with:
1. Google Apps Script
For extracting the ranking and number of comments per star level (1–5).
2. Google Spreadsheet
For storing results and generating a graph.
This is how the script looks like.
You can run it in 3 simple steps:
- Open up the Script editor in a new Google Spreadsheet
- Paste the code, change property name, change property URL and save the document
- If you want a daily measurement as I do go to Edit > Current Project’s Triggers > + Add Trigger
- Set function to run to“exportTripAdvisorRankingToSpreadsheet”
- Time of Day: eg: Midnight to 1 am and Save
You are all set to have daily updates of your properties TripAdvisor ranking. :)
Let me know, in the comments, if you have any questions